Bring up the item(s) you wish to edit using the top search box or by using the advanced search.
Double-Click the Item Description to bring up the Item Edit screen as pictured below. Some users may not have the ability to edit items and all fields will be read-only.
Information Tab - Key Fields
- Vendor Code - This sets the item's source path. These vendor codes are mapped to vendors. This is a great way to group together items and be able to move them from vendor to vendor if needed.
- Category, Extended Category and Types - These fields are used to group items together for a few reasons, such reporting, pulls and inventory.
- Start Selling Date - This is the date the item becomes available. A future Start Selling Date will let online customers know that this item won't ship until it is available.
- Stop Selling Date - With this set to a past date, the system knows the item is no longer available and will no longer attempt to order it from vendors.
- Taxable - When checked, the sales tax rate of the location will be charged to the customer.
Web Details - Key Fields
- External Item Name, Item Title, Item Description, Extended Description - This is the text describing the product displayed on your online store. It is also the text used to index it in the search system.
- External Search Terms - If there are words that people use to find this item that may not be in the Item Name or Title, you can enter them here.
- Manufacturer Description - Generally it's not advisable to edit this as external data feeds that have HTML descriptions will be populated here.
- Web Description won't be overwritten by external data feeds.
Lock Changes - Locks most of the descriptive type fields from being overwritten by external data feeds.
Additional Details - Key Fields
- In Box Item Quantity - If you must order by the case, this is the case quantity.
- Is Box Type - If you order cases by the case, then check this. When placing vendor orders which this checked, it will send "1" and expect a full cased to be delivered. If you order the item as an "Each", then leave this unchecked.
- Price Label Type - Choose None if you don't label this item individually upon receiving it.
- Filing Location - This is the location where this item is located in the warehouse