Changes and Improvements
General Point of Sale Improvements
- Change Quantity dialog box now overwrites the text (it would previously append to existing value).
- Differentiate between Drawer open/count/close dialog boxes. (They previously all had the same title)
- Customer Search improvement. Handles spaces and commas better.
- New machine level setting to allow POS search results to display unavailable items by default. Presently the clerk must uncheck a box to view unavailable item.
- Can now re-print or email a receipt from the Customer Edit->History screen
- Ability to restrict the editing of customer notes based on user level. Contact FieldStack if you'd like to restrict certain user levels and we can set that up.
- New company level setting to require a loyalty card for customer's wishing to sell back items. When set to true, you cannot complete a buyback unless a customer is attached to transaction.
- New machine level setting to remove the Credit Card button. This would be useful if you have a temporary register that is setup as a cash only register.
Search Invoices screen
- Scannable transaction bar code on printed and emailed receipts that brings Search Invoices directly to that transaction.
- When looking at a Credit/Debit transaction in Search Invoices, you can now double-click on the reference field that contains the payment Id and see payment details of that transaction.
- From Search Invoice screen you can now save a receipt as an image so that it can be saved and sent as an attachment
Customer Merge Improvements
- Easier to use and more difficult to mess up accounts.
- Previously you had to merge into the Web active account, now you can merge the Web active account into a non-Web active account.
- Previously store level associates couldn't merge Web active accounts, now they can
- Account history will now show the transactions under the account that remains open
Customer Account Details
- New Option: Warning and flow for handling duplicate customer accounts. If you add a new customer account and the phone number or email matches an existing active account, it will give you a warning and ask if you want to see those accounts. Same flow for editing an existing account
- New Option: force proper Email Address format validation on Customer Edit screens (require __@__.__ format)
- No longer giving new customers without an enter birth date a default value of 1/1/1900. They are now just blank.
- Customer Overview
- panel now available on Customer Edit screen. Includes access to the Customer's Edit history and Email Notification history.
- You can now export a customer's Web shopping cart from the customer management area.
- Removed restriction of $999.99 from the customer add credit area.
Customer Special Orders
- Store staff can edit customer contact information on previously placed special orders in their location.
- No longer prints a special order slip when cancelling a special order.
- The customer Special Order History button previously only showed open special orders in that location. It now shows all special orders for the customers in all locations.
⦁ Under the "Customer Special Orders" screen (Customers tab >> Customer Special Orders), there is now an Advanced Search, which includes the ability to sort by:
⦁ Customer Name
1 Customer Code
2 Special Order Code
- Advanced Coupon functionality
- An entirely new Coupon and promotion engine, capable of things such as category-wide promotions, BOGO sales, auto-applied discounts, customer specific coupons, and much more.
- BOGO was always giving the cheapest item free. Now it will pair up as expected...so if you have a buy 1 get 1 free and have some items that are $2 and some items that are $3; when you buy 2 $2 items and 2 $3 items you'll get a $2 Free and a $3 item free. Previously you'd get both $2 items for free.
- UPC Column now part of the Promotion Edit screen
- New button in the "Sale" and "Position" tabs in Item List for searching Sale and Position history of an item.
- Double-clicking the promotion name on Position tab of the Item Find screen now opens the promotion.
- Recording discounts off normal selling price in the following circumstances:
- Employee Price Overrides,
- Promotion Sale Prices, Coupons
- Customer Discount Code
- Loyalty Program Redemption
- Bulk Purchase Discount
- Marketplace Customer Service Discounts
- Variance from Sticker Price to Current Selling Price
- Ability to fulfill eligible Scheduled Shipment orders via the Same Day Delivery infrastructure.
- Sales Comparison report now shows the dates you are comparing against. Previously you just say the number of days (e.g. 364) and had to calculate what those dates were.
- Items marked as "No Internet Sales" now highlight purple in item search results
- Employee Scheduler -
- Ability for employees to request time off and managers approve it.
- Ability to create a shift as inactive and then activate when ready for employees to view
- An employee view of their own schedule
- Vendor Management screen updated. Removed redundant confirmations, give warning if there are unsaved changes and moved save button to lower left corner.
- View Item History button added to the Item Edit screen
- New screen to view credit card Batch Closes (Locations tab)
- Store Center can now manage a few of the location settings. (sales tax, timezone, point rate)
New Marketplace and Web Store
Marketplace Order Fulfillment
- Now available via through Point of Sale
- Ability to pick multiple batches at once
- Ability to utilize the Zebra printer for printing 6x4 shipping labels and packing slips
- Improved Gift Card Handling...no longer need to pre-load them.
- FedEx Shipping Integration from new marketplace, including multi-piece shipments
Marketplace Customer Service
- Customer Assist Mode
- Refunding Customers
- Address checking and validation
- Create and Email a return shipping label
Web Store Content Management
- Section Management - Ability to setup sections based on Product Attributes. Sections then can be bound to Web Store pages.
- Event Notification System - Comprehensive overview coming
- New button on inventory tab - Find Items (Attributes)
- Ability to add multiple images to an item
Same Day Delivery Fulfillment Support
- Alerts location they have a Same Day Delivery order pending
- Supports special Delivery Instructions
Buy Online, Pickup in Store
- In Store Pickup shipping option for customers to choose in Web store checkout
- In Store Pickup item availability on the product page, and product tiles in search results
- In Store Pickup is now a mail class across FieldStack, and has its own label
- Each In Store Pickup label has a "Mark as Delivered" bar code that can be scanned at the Point of Service when the customer comes to pick up their order
- Same Day Delivery orders have a similar bar code that functions the same
- In Store Pickup flashing button in FieldStack for enabled stores
- In Store Pickup Marketplace order item added to POS receipt for physical receipts in store and the email POS receipt
- In Store Pickup mail class added to Marketplace Center mail class dropdown
- In Store Pickup transactions can be found under "Journal Entry" transaction types in Find Transaction
- These are connected to an "E-commerce Order" green cell that can be double-clicked, and takes the user to that order in Marketplace Center
- Please contact FieldStack to enable this functionality
FedEx SmartPost is now available for Marketplace Fulfillment
Streamlined Store To Store Product Transfers
- Dynamically creates a purchase order for expecting store to receive against based on what sending store sends.
- Better tracking to make sure product is making it to destination.